Monday, December 15, 2014

Hydrangeas


Writing every day is proving to be hard. Life interrupts with both fun necessary and banal activities, card orders, a commission, a low grade cold, cat sitting, and life living. Committing to something on a daily basis is a reminder to how slow an hour goes but how quickly a day goes, how doing something proactive and good for you is a choice, a habit. And boy, do old habits die hard. Writing has often been synonymous with the word tomorrow. Giving myself this self-imposed blog promise of writing every day in December has been a good challenge--mostly in making me aware of time, of not beating myself up if I don't post but making a far greater effort than I would have normally. Sometimes a blue glass jar of hydrangeas from Trader Joe's is all you got going on on a Monday night. And that's ok. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment