Friday, December 5, 2014

Heart of Gold


I bought a vintage Hudson Bay blanket yesterday. I love it so much I can barely stand it. It's something I've wanted for years, somewhat surprised that someone in my family doesn't own one to hand down to me but I've yet to see one show up on my bed or in some forgotten closet. I've always had a soft spot for them, their iconic stripes, the reverse cool of Canadiana. And there it was yesterday afternoon in an antique mall in Medford, Oregon sitting there draped all antiquey and forgotten, those red, green and yellow stripes smiling up at me. I rushed over and did that weird garage sale I hope no one else sees this amazing treasure I've just scored maneuver. I pranced (it's possible, I did prance) over to my girlfriends who were doing their own treasure hunting to display this amazingcoolcanyoubelieveit grungy old needs to be dry-cleaned piece of wool and they both looked at like, oh honey, that's nice, in that slow concerned comforting way. So I pipe up, but it's an original Hudson Bay Blanket!!! More nods, more, you could get it cleaned, reassurances.

Above, Heart of Gold, was originally the hudson bay blanket palette. The stripes started getting a little unruly, I was reminded these pieces were supposed to be a collection…and my ping pong pea brain got back on track and got plaid on it. But the intent was that blanket. And there it was. Just a few weeks later, waiting for me. And I love it. And I will get it dry cleaned. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment