Thursday, June 12, 2014

G is for Glow


"I saw that my life was a vast glowing, empty page and I could do anything I wanted." Jack Kerouc.

Glow. The monogram paintings continues, much like me, jumping from A to H back to B down to T and around again to G, but I am dedicated or stubborn or OCDish enough to not stop until they are complete. I enjoy painting my roomscapes. (Roomscapes is my made up word du jour.) They have helped me turn a corner with my aesthetic and made me less afraid of a big canvas. They are also a lesson in creating from intuition. As long as I start, the rest will show up in nudges. Much like life. Road maps are good like my letters. Ok, start with G. What's a good G word? Not sure? Start with the room shape. Still no word? Oh, a mid-century modern white couch! That's a yes. And a starburst clock? Yup. So the couch, the walls, the lamp....and suddenly, I get "glow". And that is how I have found the last year of my life to be...much uncertainty but doing the next right thing that I do feel good about is good enough to keep going that day with the hopes that my glow will show itself when I least expect it.

"Glow" 24x30" available for purchase at Capers, 4525 SW California Ave. Seattle, WA. 206.932.0371


No comments:

Post a Comment