Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Painting a Day Project: #61


It is autumn in Ashland. Change is in the air, leaves are on the ground, the valley is a sea of orange, red and yellow and coats, winter coats, fur collars a bonus, are suddenly necessary. I am writing these days. And painting...but writing more & deeply appreciating it, loving how hard it is but doing it anyway, loving having finished a timed writing and feeling like I've crossed a finish line. Loving that something profound is telling me painting & writing will go together for me, the results still revealing themselves.

My favourite poet says it better than I ever could.

"I write to find out what I didn't know I knew". Robert Frost

This and a variety of his poems are painted under the blue sky, painted over, re-worked & tucked in tightly for me to draw inspiration from.  As always, trying to let go of results & stay focused on the act of creating with so much love. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment