Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Soon


I love this quote. "We must be willing to get rid of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." Joseph Campbell.
These past few months have felt exactly like that. I have closed doors and chapters in my life that I had thought I had wanted open but in turn, so many new ones have opened. Living alone, figuring it out on my own with help of wonderful family and friends has been exciting, not a chore. Thanks, Joseph Campbell, for reminding me to loosen the grip and go with the flow.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Mindy! I just read your piece in Somerset Life and I feel so inspired! Thank you for sharing this with us. I felt drawn to leave you a comment on this post because of the Joseph Campbell quote. I've shown his interview with Bill Moyers to my Mythology class for over three years now, and this year, when he said, "Follow your bliss!" I thought, Joseph, you're right, I need to follow my bliss. So I'm on my way to new adventures!

    Again, lovely, lovely pieces. I already have a canvas that I've been stuck on for almost a year now, and I'm going to use it as a patchwor collage. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete